Third letter of St Clare of Assisi
Place your mind in the mirror of eternity;
Place your soul in the splendour of glory;
Place your heart in the figure of the divine substance;
And, through contemplation, transform your entire being into the image of the Divine One himself,
So that you, yourself, may also experience what his friends experience when they taste the hidden sweetness that God alone has kept from the beginning,
For those who love him.
A blessing from St. Clare's second letter to Blessed Agnes of Prague
What you hold may you always hold.
What you do, may you always do and never abandon.
But with swift pace, light step and unswerving feet,
so that even your steps stir up no dust,
Go forward, the spirit of our God has called you.
Saint Clare of Assisi
Go forth in peace, for you have followed the good road. Go forth without fear, for He who created you has made you holy, has always protected you, and loves you as a mother. Blessed be you, my God, for having created me.
- FRANCIS, TEACH US TO PRAY (Part 1) - Monthly Spiritual Message NOVEMBER 2019
- SECULAR FRANCISCAN PRIORITIES (Part 2) - Monthly Spiritual Message OCTOBER 2019
- SECULAR FRANCISCAN PRIORITIES (Part 1) - Monthly Spiritual Message SEPTEMBER 2019
- ORIGINS OF THE SECULAR FRANCISCAN ORDER - Monthly Spiritual Message AUGUST 2019
- THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS - Monthly Spiritual Message JULY 2019